We're searching for a Guest Photographer to join our team at Sunshinestories!
Your responsibility is to shoot and sell commissioned photo packages for the guests as well as occasional lifestyle shoots with staff and team riders for Sunshinestories & Ceylon Sliders, or other ideas from the marketing team.
The job could be summed up in one sentence - shoot lots and lots of photos and hang out lots and lots with guests. The shoots will be across a spectrum of surfing, yoga, lifestyle, nature, and people. Your objective as Guest Photographer is to help us tell a story with lifestyle images that portray time guests spend at the retreat.
You will follow the guests most of the time, shooting them in and out of the surf, tagging along on excursions and activities, eat meals with them, etc. You need to love hanging out with all types of people, not only those who are similar to you, to enjoy this work. You and the others from the Sunshinestories team are a big part of representing the Sunshinestories experience, so it’s important that you are helping to contribute to this experience as their host.
When the guests have down time you will be working on editing and selecting the best content. At the end of the week, you will have a one on one session with each and every guest showing them their content. A bit of sales experience is a plus to help drives sales of your photos.
We are a small company and you will have a big responsibility to distribute your time with little guidance from the management. A systematic, organized approach to work is equally vital as a creative approach to problems and new ways of communicating our two lifestyle brands with imagery. We are expecting you to be energetic and results driven, be a good team player and to work hard to achieve the goals and deadlines set.
To enjoy this role you must love photography, spending time in the ocean and hanging out with people as this is what you will be doing heaps of for the next few months!
- Contract for 6 months
- Experienced surfer
- Sign a contract issuing Sunshinestories free unlimited user rights to the content shot during the time of employment - not limited to the guest photography, but also any lifestyle shoots done off “work” hours
- Some experience producing content - ideation, editing, and deliverance in a timely manner.
- The ability to produce still & video content during the same shoots
- That you bring your own gear, bare minimum is a computer, hard drives, DSLR camera with water housing and additions such as zoom lenses, drone etc are a clear bonus
- That you have previous experience of surf water photography and can show a portfolio of your work in that field