ATTENTION! - This position is available for Sri Lankan Citizens that are fluent in Sinhala only.
We are searching for an experienced chef with a passion for food and cooking to join our team at Ceylon Sliders.
As a chef at Ceylon Sliders, you will use your knowledge and experience of professional cooking to lead a team of staff and efficiently run a café with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our team consists of mainly Sri Lankan unskilled staff with little education or previous training, hence we’re looking for a candidate that loves inspiring others as well.
You have worked both as leader in a professional kitchen, as well as been running your own section. You have experience of making food from all sorts of kitchens, vegan and raw as well as meat and fish and know how to mix western, Asian, American and Scandinavian cooking styles.
You will think it’s exciting to work with local produce and reduce the food waste and use of plastic products as researching and finding foods that are ethically produced.
You will think creatively around food and love to do eye catching dishes.
- A passion for the kind of food that we want to prepare
- Urge to be innovative and creative in your cooking
- A good leader and team player
- Experience of leading a kitchen team
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen
- Experience of running your own section in a professional kitchen
- Good at organizing, delegating work and training non-skilled staff
- Can leave 2 references from previous jobs
- Sri Lankan Citizen - You need to have sri lankan citizenship as well as speak & write fluently in Sinhalese
- Very good knowledge of speaking & writing in English (we have a foreign ownership; recipes, work manuals, meetings are in English as well as the fact that our guests are from all over the world)