Assistant Front Desk Manager, Ceylon Sliders
ATTENTION! - This position is available for Sri Lankan Citizens that are fluent in Sinhala only.
Working as an Assistant Front Desk Manager at Ceylon Sliders you will be responsible for the the front desk of our small hotel with 5 rooms as well as the retail shop sharing the same room as the front desk.
Duties will include handling check in, check out of rooms, delegating tasks to the housekeeping team, taking payments from the hotel guests, booking transfers, recommending activities, restaurants and more. You will also be selling goods in the shop, working effectively to promote sales and create a great customer experience, always looking to learn more about the brands as well as the guests.
Ceylon Sliders is a foreign owned, service oriented company, and it is important that you go above and beyond to always give a great experience to our guests and customers. You will need to meet and socialize with the guests on a daily basis to ensure they are receiving great hospitality. For most guests you will be the first and last appearance, so you better make it count.
You will be taking the lead responsibility in the front desk / shop with support directly form GM, and you will often be the first on call if any guest related issues arise in the hotel. When issues arise you need to handle them with care, proficiency and ensure a calm atmosphere around the guest. You need to communicate clearly and efficiently so guests as well as other employees and departments knows what’s expected. You need to have a passion for working with people, be a master of solving problems and be able to organize the work for you and the team.
As the front desk manager it's important that you learn each aspect about the front desk and shop of the hotel, the PMS and POS systems, and train the other staff likewise. To maintain accurate stock levels, cash management and system operation in front desk / shop is your responsibility.
- Managing the front desk of the hotel (with 5 rooms)
- Managing the reservation process - answering emails, phone calls etc
- Managing the PMS system for the hotel and responsible for correct operation for yourself and the other people with user access
- Advising & serving customers in the shop and guests in the hotel
- Responsible for the correct processing payments in the shop as well as in the hotel
- Assisting customers in order to help them find what they need in the shop
- Organising the different digital systems as well as the manual records in the front desk so that they are always in correct order
- Assisting hotel guests during their stay, recommending places to go for dinner, excursions or other requirements they may have
- Managing check ins and check outs of the hotel
- Booking transfers, surf lessons and other activities for in house as well as out house guests
- Managing the stock levels in the shop ensuring they are well maintained, refilling shop on a daily basis as well as ordering new stocks from suppliers
- Conducting stock takes and inventory checks to maintain the correct stock levels
- Promoting store cards or special offers
- Providing customers with information on pricing and product availability
- Arranging display in the shop
- Handling customer complaints or handing customers on to management
- Train staff in the front desk
- Minimum of 3 year experience of working in the front desk of a hotel
- Minimum 1 year experience in the capacity of assistant front desk manager
- Experience of handling cash & credit card transactions
- Experience of working with PMS systems
- Great with computers, fast learner on new systems
- Previous experience of handling reservations, emails etc
- Previous experience of working in sales is a big plus
- Sri Lankan Citizen - You need to have Sri Lankan citizenship as well as speak & write fluently in Sinhalese
- Very good knowledge of speaking & writing in English (we have a foreign ownership; recipes, work manuals, meetings are in English as well as the fact that our guests are from all over the world)
- Front Desk & Shop
- Ceylon Sliders, Weligama
Ceylon Sliders, Weligama
Why work with us?
SurfSri Lanka is one of the worlds top surf destinations, and we're a team of dedicated wave lovers always up for a dawn session. You'll have access to boards and guiding to the best breaks along the coast. How much you want to surf is up to you, we promote everyone surfing at least once per day!
YogaStretch your legs with our certified yoga teachers. Having a place to calm your mind after a busy work day can be essential to wellbeing. Here yoga is a natural part of life.
CommunitySurfer, artists, creators, foodies. Working with us, or staying with us as guest. You will meet with and interact with a number of awesome people during your employment with us. We love to see how former employers continue working together around the globe.
PracticalitiesMoving to a foreign country can be challenging, we know. That's why we help you out with things like housing, visa arrangements and transportation to get you kick started with your life in Sri Lanka.
Work Place and Culture
Working at Sunshinestories is an adventure! We're a fast paced start up in an South East Asian melting pot.
But no need to worry if you never been here before. We are a community that welcomes everyone with open arms like they are our family.
Typically we try to get together once a week for a family surf sessions out at the reef or some sunset downers at the beach.
We'll promise you that a work stay experience at Sunshinesories will include experiences beyond the usual, from getting blessed by our local monk in the yoga shala, to epic surf sessions at secret spots.
Sunshinestories is a passion driven lifestyle business in Sri Lanka that’s open year round. It has two different brands under the same company - Sunshinestories Retreat in Ahangama and Ceylon Sliders in Weligama.
Assistant Front Desk Manager, Ceylon Sliders
Loading application form
Already working at Sunshinestories?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.