ATTENTION! - This position is available for Sri Lankan Citizens that are fluent in Sinhala only.
We are searching for an experienced chef de partie with a passion for cooking healthy and inspiring food to join our team at Ceylon Sliders.
As a chef de partie at Ceylon Sliders, you will use your knowledge and experience of professional cooking to efficiently prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner in a small but very busy a la carte environment.
You will work closely with the sous chef and be in charge of the kitchen when the sous chef is not there, writing prep lists, making purchase orders, dealing with suppliers, duty roasters, managing cleaning and hygiene procedures at the same time as you are hands on and cooking in the kitchen, taking different positions such as the pass, hot kitchen, cold kitchen, prep or whatever necessary on the particular day. Our team is small and consist of many people with less experience, hence as a chef de partie you will need to be a leader, and not only focus on your own work but also manage and inspire the rest of the team.
You have worked as a chef for many years and have worked for a couple of years as a chef de partie or demi chef de partie previously, running your own section and leading other chefs. You have experience of making food from all sorts of kitchens, vegan and raw as well as meat and fish and know how to mix western, Asian, American and Scandinavian cooking styles.
You will think it’s exciting to work with local produce and reduce the food waste and use of plastic products as researching and finding foods that are ethically produced. You will think creatively around food and love to do eye catching dishes.
You have no issue to work hard, under big stress and for long hours to make the guests happy! And you are a great team player in the kitchen as well as with the other departments, always communicating honestly and effectively with the rest of the team.
- A passion for the kind of food that we want to prepare
- A good leader and team player
- Can handle big stress levels and work long hours
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen
- Experience of running your own section in a professional kitchen
- Good at organizing, delegating work and training non-skilled staff
- Can leave 2 references from previous jobs
- Sri Lankan Citizen - You need to have sri lankan citizenship as well as speak & write fluently in Sinhalese
- Very good knowledge of speaking & writing in English (we have a foreign ownership; recipes, work manuals, meetings are in English as well as the fact that our guests are from all over the world)